2.13.2006

Slightly stressful Valentine's love

For the last 2 weeks, I've tried to get Cameron to work with me as we prepared our big Valentine's Day cards for all 19 of his classmates. I didn't want to push him, but I thought it would be a great opportunity to get him to practice writing his name... Or at least his nickname: Cam.
So today, we had to get serious... We had 10 left and they had to get done before tomorrow. He was pretty good until we had 2 left. He started handing out the cards he'd already signed (and it's so cool to see him finally starting to try and write his name)... He gave one to Jordan, three to me and I think he tried to keep one for himself. Anyway. I couldn't get him to sign two of them and he didn't want me to do it for him. Then he wanted to eat the candy... But he hadn't even had dinner yet. So tension was growing and I just wanted this project over. Once he finally signed the cards, it got easier. We put each card in the envelope bag and stuck various sugary yummies in each bag. Then I bribed him to eat dinner with 2 hershey's kisses. Remember a time in your life when you only needed 2 tiny pieces of chocolate to do something?

Hmmm. I don't either.

No comments: