6.06.2006

Success... Except for Daddy's Back

Cameron and his Dad actually did sleep in the treehouse. At one point in the middle of the night, Cam said he was cold and crawled into Randy's sleeping bag. He actually fell back asleep. In the morning, Randy and Cam were getting up when Cam noticed a pool of drool on Randy's sleeping pad (the thin buffer between himself and the hard wood floor of the treehouse). Cam actually apologized for drooling. Very cute.

The funniest thing happened the next night. I had to get up in the middle of the night to feed the baby. I ended up falling asleep in the bed in Jordan's room... But around 4 in the morning I woke up to find Cam sleeping next to me. I asked him what he was doing and he said he wanted to sleep next to me... He has never done that before. Any other time he's cuddled up with a parent in bed, he just made that an opportunity to talk. The camp out showed Cam how cool it is to cuddle. Very cute.

But I made him go back to bed. There's no way he would have gotten a good night's sleep if he stayed with me. He ended up sleeping until 8am. That's really late for him.

No comments: